This is my post for Halloween because not even Godzilla is scarier than what I’m about to tell you.
Is it my imagination or is this country fractalling fubared?
What the hell has happened to the idea that there’s such a thing as common sense (a state of being that cannot be replaced by common core)?
Take, for example, the headlines I read on Saturday morning while doing an in-depth 10 minute search for my monthly contribution as a ***SPECIAL REPORTER***:
- Creepy Utah School Asked Its Students To Spy On Their Families, Take Inventory Of Medicine Cabinet (Middle school students were given forms to use and told to list what was in their parents medicine cabinet).
- Study: Smoking Cannnabis Causes Complete Remission of Crohn’s Disease in 45% of Patients. (Yet another reason Big Pharma wants to keep it out of your hands).
- Man Calls A Suicide Prevention Hotline, SWAT Team Shows Up And Kills Him. (Next time I get depressed, I’ll call the Mafia. They may be thieves but they still have brains.)
- Cop Burns The Body Of A 3-Yr-Old Child For “Not Letting Him Sleep,” ( I wouldn’t want him to investigate a suicide caller.
- War on marijuana unconstitutional, doctors testify in federal court Monday (The article says that smoked or eaten cannabis has no overdose level. However, “medically accepted” prescription drugs may kill about 22,114 people from drug overdose this year whereas pot has been proven to alleviate pain for cancer patients).
True, most people don’t read Liberty Crier. But I’m not most people.
I’m a ***SPECIAL REPORTER***!
(You probably already knew that).
I also have an interest in what’s going on with Edward Snowden. I had to go to a non-US source, a blog, to get this story (posted February 2014):
The gist of it is that Snowden was interviewed for German TV and (purportedly) most of the world got to see it, but it “appears to have been blocked intentionally by US government authorities.” The blogger stated it was posted on YouTube and taken down almost immediately. However, you can find it on RuTube—if you speak and write Russian (which I don’t). Snowden disclosed that “seeing Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, directly lie under oath to Congress” was his breaking point. He said that Clapper lied under oath to Congress in March of last year when he denied the existence of a domestic spying programs.
That’s March of 2013.
The place where the video should be of the interview says, “Sorry, this video does not exist.” Apparently, it now resides with the ghosts of video’s past.
So I Googled, Snowden says Clapper lied under oath to see what headlines came up.
Intelligence Director Clapper insists he didn’t lie to Congress — but ‘misspoke’ about NSA spying (September 18, 2014. Wait! Didn’t this happen, like, over a year ago? Talk about the tail wagging the dog).
Clapper says: “It has been very disappointing to have my integrity questioned because of a mistake.”
Lawmakers slam intelligence chief James Clapper for lying to Congress, call for DOJ investigation. “Amid mounting pressure from federal courts, the president’s NSA review panel, and the public, several lawmakers today called for the Department of Justice to investigate intelligence community director James Clapper for lying to Congress. . .It fuels distrust that citizens feel toward their government. . .”
House members called for the investigation in December 2013. The DOJ was tasked to get the (rock) bottom of this issue. (WAIT A FRACTILLING MINUTE!!! Aren’t these the same people who are suing the states that are following federal voting and immigration laws?).
On April 4, 2014 the DOJ was accusing of refusing to investigate and on April 8th they said they were reviewing the case. By July, someone decided that all Clapper needed to do was apologize for a “clearly erroneous” statement he made to Congress over the National Security Agency’s surveillance activities.
Let me get this straight. If you’re a legal US resident it’s called lying under oath and you go to jail. If you’re a government employee or a politician you simply, “misspoke,” apologize and everything is just fine?
And if you’re smoking cannibus to alleviate cancer pain, instead of taking something that might kill ‘about 22,114′ people from overdose , you can go to jail?
It might be funny–to someone who’s 2 brain cells away from comatose.
This year I give you the scariest Halloween Costumes in existence:
Have a nice Halloween. . .
and remember. . .
only give children GMO free, all natural candies, or this woman will stuff a loaf of white bread in your mouth and children will spray your house with Roundup!